Apply for fully funded support to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on your business.
Please note, applications for this funding will only be open until Monday 21st September. Any applications made after this date will not be considered.**
The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted the economy and local businesses are feeling the effects. 77% of companies who completed our recent COVID-19: Business Impact Survey said that COVID-19 had been negative or extremely negative for their business and 24% believe they won't return to pre-lockdown levels of business until at least next summer.
As part of the government’s response to this crisis, they have released £300,000 of European Regional Development Funding to support businesses, like yours, in the West of England LEP area. The grants are aimed at increasing business resilience and a third of this funding is earmarked specifically for businesses in the Visitor Economy - which has been particularly affected in the current climate – while the rest is available to all suitable businesses across the region.
This scheme is delivered by Business West on behalf of the West of England Combined Authority.
What funding is available?
Fully funded grants of between £1,000 and £3,000 are available to help mitigate some of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on eligible businesses.
What can the grant be spent on?
The grant can be used to cover up to 100% of the costs for professional, legal, finanacial or other specialist advice. It can also be used on new technology and other equipment to help your business with recovery.
Some examples of what you could use the money for include (but are not limited to):
- Business coaching for strategy development
- New markets research and development
- Consultancy for a re-branding effort
- Business development support
- IT hardware to enable home working
- Purchase and implementation of a new CRM system
Is my business eligible?
To apply for a COVID-19 business support grant you must:
- Be a business located in the Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset or North Somerset local authority areas
- Have been trading prior to 1 March 2020 and still be actively trading
- Be a Small or Medium Enterprise (SME). (This means having fewer than 250 FTE employees, and either annual turnover of less than €50 million or a balance sheet totalling less than €43 million for both the applicant and any linked organisations combined.)
- Be able to demonstrate that your business has been adversely impacted by COVID-19.
- Be able to cashflow the purchase prior to reimbursement through the grant.
- Submit your claim for reimbursement within 2 months of accepting the Grant Offer.
How do I apply?
To apply for a COVID 19 Business Support Grant, you will need to submit an application form to Business West. You can download the application form here.
Please make sure you refer to the guidance document, to help you fill in your application and to ensure you are eligible for support.
Once your application is complete, type your name and the date into the applicant signature section on page 6 and email the word document as an attachment to email@example.com.
After you’ve submitted your application, someone from the project team will reply confirming receipt – although due to high anticipated demand, this may take 2-3 working days. Any application received after Monday 21st September will not be considered.
What if I have a question?
If you have any questions about the fully funded grants or the application process, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team at Business West.