Mental Health Awareness Week
Mental Health Awareness Week (10th – 16th May 2021) is hosted by the Mental Health Foundation. It’s the UK’s national week to raise awareness of mental health and inspire actions to promote good mental health for all. This year’s theme was #ConnectWithNature. Across the week Bath and North East Somerset Council shared local stories and projects on social media and inspired more people to connect with nature in a range of creative and digital ways. Find out more stories shared during the week
The conversation around mental health is not just for one week a year - we must all continue to have open, honest discussions about mental health. That’s why we have created a list of resources for you to take a look at going forwards:
- The Mental Health Foundation top tips on connecting with nature to improve your mental health.
- Connect to nature with colleagues using the Wildlife Trusts #30daystoWild home – working resources
- Do your own Every Mind Matters Get Your Mind Plan – Answer 5 quick questions to get your free plan with tips to help you deal with stress and anxiety, improve your sleep, boost your mood and feel more in control.
- Complete the free e-Learning for managers “Managing Mental Health at Work” to equip managers with the confidence and skills to have supportive conversations with their staff about mental health and wellbeing.
- June dates are now available for Bath Mind’s Mental Health First Aid Aware Training. The course raises awareness of mental health, covering what mental health is, common mental health conditions and how to support someone who may be experiencing a mental health problem.