Rapid COVID19 testing for businesses with 50+ employees
In order to enable essential services and sectors of the country to keep operating during the current National Lockdown, the Government is expanding asymptomatic testing across the country to ensure that those who need to leave home for work have access to a test.
1 in 3 people with COVID 19 do not have any symptoms. Lateral Flow (LF) tests aim to break the chain of transmission by identifying undiagnosed people in the population who have COVID-19, to ensure they go on to self-isolate and thereby reduce transmission to other people.
Testing will initially be through two primary delivery channels; institutional testing where tests are provided by large employers to their staff in both the public and private sectors, and community testing where tests are provided by the local authority.
Community Testing is led by local authorities who will prioritise their community testing plans according to local needs, primarily for citizens that need to leave home to work and unable to access testing provided through the institutional testing channel.
Institutional Testing already undertakes asymptomatic testing for a range of sectors including NHS, adult social care and educations settings such as schools and universities.
- Going forward, large institutions in both the public and private sector with over 250 staff can access asymptomatic testing through the institutional testing delivery channel. Employers can access information and register an interest here www.gov.uk/get-workplace-coronavirus-tests
Testing will be delivered through testing sites in the workplace. In the longer-term where institutions have dispersed workforces, they will be able to request home collect where boxes of LF tests will be supplied to institutions and then collected by staff to complete tests at home.
- Medium sized institutions in both the public and private sector with between 50 and 250 staff can also access asymptomatic testing through institutional testing and should do so wherever possible. Register your interest here www.gov.uk/get-workplace-coronavirus-tests
- Small institutions in both the public and private sector with less than 50 staff, sole traders and self-employed citizens are expected to access asymptomatic testing through community testing delivered by local authorities.
To find out more about rapid lateral flow testing for people without symptoms visit:www.gov.uk/guidance/understanding-lateral-flow-antigen-testing-for-people-without-symptoms
To register interest in rapid lateral flow tests for your employees visit www.gov.uk/get-workplace-coronavirus-tests
To find out more join one of the regular webinars being run by DHSC (see below)
Webinars week ending 12 Feb:
- DHSC Asymptomatic Testing Webinar: 14:00 – 14:45, Monday 1- through to Friday 12 Feb,Click here to join the meeting
- LFT Operational Overview: 14:30 – 16:00, Monday 1 – Friday 12 February, Click here to join the meeting
- Q&A session, Tuesdays and Thursdays through to 25 Feb 15:00 – 15:55, Click here to join the meeting
For further information.
COVID 19 advice and guidance for local businesses: https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-information-and-advice/business-advice-and-guidance
Government announcement 07/02/2021: www.gov.uk/government/news/government-boost-to-rapid-workplace-testing?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=a4a656aa-b188-4dda-8044-021df1ee3c2f&utm_content=daily